We’d like to tell you about a website called ChoiceMoms.org, which focuses on what women need to know when they conceive with the help of donated sperm. The site highlights the options available for sperm donation [including open identity and known]; it offers advice about selecting a sperm bank; and highlights the importance of knowing sperm motility numbers and refund policies.
This month on the site, you can learn details about the new “Choosing Single Motherhood” weekly radio show on the VoiceAmerica network, which offers an interview with Jane Mattes, author of Single Mothers by Choice: A Guidebook For Single Women Who Are Considering or Have Chosen Motherhood.
Also, registration is open for Choice Mom events in D.C. [May 9], Chicago [May 30], Los Angeles [tentatively July 18], and Atlanta [October 17]. Choice Moms launched a series of networking/workshop events – which started with New York City and San Francisco Bay Area in 2008. According to ChoiceMoms.org, the events are “designed to connect like-minded women who are thinking, trying, waiting, being or becoming single mothers by choice.”
While you’re on the site, check-in to see what’s new in the Choice Mom blogs:
- ChoiceMom: The ethics of reproduction.
- Being: Finding joy even in the dark places.
- Becoming: Dealing with the day-to-day “what if” fears.
- Waiting: Another kind of two-week wait. Glad it’s not you?
- Trying: IVF or bust? How to potentially afford more expensive fertility treatment.
- Thinking: in hindsight, what would you have done differently?