Majority of Coloradans support GLBT relationship recognition

A new report from Public Policy Polling confirms other recent poll results. A vast majority of Coloradans [71%] support relationship recognition for same-sex couples in the state. About 13% of Republicans in the state support granting full marriage rights to same-sex couples. Colorado Republicans are more likely to favor civl unions [44%]. Combined, it’s 57% of Colorado Republicans supporting some form of legal GLBT relationship recognition. In March 2011, 6 Republican House Judiciary Committee members killed a civil unions bill. The State Senate had already approved SB-172, the civil unions bill, with a bipartisan vote in favor of the fair-minded law.

[via Examiner.com]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.