VIDEO: Marie Osmond – “So what if my daughter’s gay…”

Marie Osmond wants us to know that she loves and supports her lesbian daughter Jessica – although it contradicts with her Mormon belief system.

Osmond was interviewed by Entertainment Tonight to talk about their relationship and how love before prejudice is a better way of life.

Marie says: “I love my daughter, she’s my baby girl, come on. She’s an amazing woman. I raised her, she better be good. There are a lot of women out there who have gay kids, who cares?”

WATCH THE INTERVIEW:

5/10/2009
Marie Osmond supports lesbian daughter and disagrees with Mormon Church on gay rights

Pop legend Marie Osmond [pictured] has spoken out in support of her daughter after a tabloid magazine reported that she is a lesbian.

In an interview with Los Angeles radio station KOST 103.5, Marie Osmond confirmed that her oldest daughter Jessica is a lesbian — calling her a “magnificent woman” and stating that she supports her daughter and believes in equal rights for gays and lesbians under the law.

Osmond’s public support of her daughter is significant to the cause of gay marriage, because Osmond is the highest profile Mormon thus far to come out in support of marriage equality — or at least giving gay and lesbian couples the same rights afforded to heterosexual couples.

6 thoughts on “VIDEO: Marie Osmond – “So what if my daughter’s gay…”

• May 27, 2009 at 9:09 pm

I love what Marie is saying! Jessica, I’m just so happy for you…to have a mother like yours. Love is unconditional. Otherwise, we’re looking at lies someone else has planted that we didn’t realize—until now!

• May 10, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Come on folks….it’s not like which pants shall I wear today – there are no choices…we just are. Here-here and welcome to the club of normal folks who realize the sky isn’t going to fall……

• May 19, 2009 at 12:41 am

Maybe she isn’t the best person to represent marriage in the church shes a wonderful person but two divorces can take a toll on your attitudes about marriage.

• May 22, 2009 at 10:54 am

I loved what Marie said. She is proud of her daughter no matter what. Isn’t that what being a parent is all about? Loving your children unconditionally. Good for you Marie

• June 8, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Marie Osmond lies so much, she believes her own lies & wants everyone else to, too. Her Daughter’s a good kid? Has anyone seen the kid on MySpace? Her photos show her drinking like a fish and always partying like there’s no tommorrow. She always looks like she’s stoned, yea, Marie definitly raised her, that’s for sure. And get this when Marie says that she supports her Daughter for being Gay. What Marie supports is the Mormon Churches’s views on Gay Mormons.And that it’s Ok for young Mormons to be Gay as long as they don’t act on thier desires. That’s just like telling a Shark, it’s ok to be a shark, but don’t eat people. Right!

• September 17, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Marie Osmond is a fantastic woman. A hard working loving mother. She’s also a very spiritual person. What else is there to say except she’s great?