Are you familiar with this group?
The International Network of Donor Conception Organizations
In October of 2008, a meeting in Toronto brought together the leaders of several worldwide organizations who actively work to educate and support the donor conceived, parents-to-be, parents of donor conceived people and egg and sperm donors worldwide. As a result, this new network was formed.
All involved organizations support the following objectives:
1. End donor anonymity.
2. Track all recipients, donors and births and safeguard all records in a central, government data bank indefinitely. Information to be accessible by all involved families.
3. Mandate reporting of donor conceived live births from each donor.
4. Limit the number of births conceived with the sperm or eggs from any given donor
5. Require donors to regularly update their family medical history. Medical information to be included in donor data bank.
6. .Mandate genetic testing for donors and include genetic information in donor bank.
7. Push our respective governments to inquire into followup health histories of egg donors.
8. Require mandatory third party counseling for all prospective donors and parents.
9. Require legal and financial protection for anonymous donors so that they may feel safe to come forward.
The Donor Sibling Registry, USA
The Donor Conception Network, UK
Donor Conception Network, New Zealand
Association MAIA, France
Procréation Médicalement Anonyme, France
Donor Conception Support Group, Australia International Donor Offspring Alliance (IDOA)