KidsHealth.org shares a great recipe for the best tiny pizzas. This is a snack you can make with your kids. And – with 9 grams of protein, only 4 grams of fat, and 34 grams of carbs – it’s a smart snack. It takes about 15 minutes.
- 1 standard-sized bagel, cut in half
- tomato sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- toppings like diced green pepper, chopped onion, or chopped tomato (whatever you like)
- seasonings like oregano, basil, and pepper
- oven (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
- baking sheet
Serving size: 2 tiny pizzas
Set the oven to low heat. Spread tomato sauce on each bagel half. Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the tomato sauce on each half. Add your favorite toppings. Put a light sprinkling of seasonings on each half.
Put your bagel halves on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven on low heat for about 5 to 8 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the cheese is bubbly.
Let cool for a minute, then enjoy your tiny pizzas!